Monday, October 19, 2009

Special News!

I have two exciting additions to my life in Bajo Lempa!

One is Pimienta, AKA Hierba, a sweet Dalmatian puppy who is all about having the space of campo to run around. We get along really well so far, but I never knew how difficult it is to train a puppy. Luckily she is sleeping at my feet right now... instead of biting them like she often does. I'll take more photos when I get ahold of a camera.
The other is Erika Murcia, a friend I met during my first volunteer stint at CIS. She has agreed to come help me run the scholarship program and live in this giant house with me. She came to get to know the house and meet some of the students on Saturday. I know she is going to fit right in because she already has experience in scholarship programs and we have a ton in common. We both majored in International Studies, we both give a lot of time and energy to grassroots NGOs and community organizations (mostly volunteer), and we both love Reggae music - it is a match made in heaven. She will officially move in at the end of the month, but she is already sending me with materials every time I am back in the capital and we have been making big plans to expand the program.
Yes! Things are lookin' up!

No comments:

Post a Comment